Friday, January 9, 2009

Flight 48 : Yamoussoukro, Ivory to Tamale, Ghana

Date: Friday January 9th, 2009
Departure: 06:45 AM local
Routing: Southeast to Accra, then north to Tamale
Aircraft: Air Canada Jazz
Altitude: 5,500 feet
Miles: 567
Arrival Stats: 08:30 local time but there must be a time change 'cause I was airborne at least 120 minutes. I figure 2.75 hours or 206 mph.
Notes: After a pretty quiet day in Ivory Coast I turned in early so that I could get up early Friday. It was still dark as I made my way back to the airport and an out-of-place livery. I may not get a better excuse to fly the JAZZ colors so why not here, on the sub-saharan savannah-lands of Ghana? The sun was just peaking over the horizon as I departed to the east and turned towards Accra. As the light grew I noted that there really wasn't much to see - until I reached the Atlantic Ocean at Accra. Then I turned north and flew over the giant lakes into the Capital of the Northern Provinces, Tamale. Not the most modern of African cities but with over 300,000 residents there certainly was enough to keep me here over the weekend!

No comments: