Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flight 54 : Kalamata to Sibiu


Date: 05-May-09
Deprture: 06:00 AM
Routing: North over some VORs and some of the most scenic areas of the world.
Aircraft: Croatia Air Q400
Altitude: 10,000 feet
Miles: 574 miles
Arrival Stats: Arrived to a VFR approach, eastbound, just under 2 hours flight time. That's over 290 mph!!
Notes: What a great flight this was. After many weeks in Greece (and touring many of the thousands of Greek Isles) this was a perfect way to get back into this around the world project. I've been thinking about a Vitural Airline based in Korfu and after this flight I'm even more convinced that I should be flying to/from there during any free time I may have.I departed Kalamata southbound, then turned north and headed toward Korinth, then Thessoloniki. Beautiful scenery below!Then over Sophia, Bulgaria and across the mountains into Romania landing just before 8 AM in the quaint-looking town of Sibiu. Wow, that was great!

No comments: