Monday, October 20, 2008

Flight 5: Manily to Magadan, Russia

Date: Tuesday October 21, 2008
Departure: 13:33
Routing: Continuing southwest to Magadan

Aircraft: Flight Club Red Dash-8
Altitude: 10,000 feet
Miles: 310
Arrival Stats: 14:59 is about 1.5 hours or 206 mph.
Notes: What can I say here? Finally with some fuel on board I fired the big turboprops and took off, downhill, just after lunch on Tuesday local time. (This was posted from Magadan Tuesday night, showing up on the blog as Monday) It was pretty breezy in Magadan but I was cleared to enter the pattern and land to the northeast behind a departing 737.



I taxied straight over near the repair hangar and asked them to, "Check everything out carefully."



Then, I hopped a bus and headed into town for a shower and a good bed. (Yes, this is a photo of the local bus!)





No comments: