Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flight 12 : Taitung, Taiwan to Baguio, Philippines

Well, it's been a few days ... you can't always schedule computer and intestinal break-downs! But, I got to take the train up to Taipei and tour the island of Taiwan so that's not a bad thing.

Date: Friday November 7, 2008
Departure: 06:00 Taiwan time

Routing: South to the tip of Taiwan, over water to the north point of Philippines near Laoag.
Aircraft: Eastern Airlines Express Q400. I know Eastern was a US airline but since we are in the Eastern part of the Eastern Hemisphere I'm using this one for a few flights. See also our "Philippine Flight of the Month" at http://www.toomuchfs.com/.

Altitude: 4,000 feet until into the mountains of Luzon, then up to 7,000 feet


Miles: 391 miles
Arrival Stats: Arrived at 07:35 local time which is 1.5 hours or 260 mph
Notes: I left Taitung just before dawn on Friday with local haze to about 1,000 feet, then clear skies all the way to Baguio. This city is not too far from the ocean but is well up into the mountains. I remember the scenic mountains from my real-world travels here in the early 80's. The airport appears to be south of the main city, a bit of a tough approach but we landed safely and I stayed for a couple of days. Really, these are not long flights but I want to really enjoy my time here ...

No comments: